tracking-ISSUE-242: URL Management for compliance regime URLs [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 20:53:25 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org
tracking-ISSUE-242: URL Management for compliance regime URLs [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/242

Raised by: Matthias Schunter
On product: Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)

If we agree to allow compliance URLs in the TPE, then it is possible that many URLs will be used by sites. It is also possible that users will have another set of URLs that they accept.

Questions to discuss under this issue are:
- How to keep the list of compliance regimes low (e.g., prevent
  that each site just points to their own privacy policy).
- Whether/How to allow sites to discover regimes/URLs that are acceptable
  to a given user
- Whether to standardise how user agents should treat incoming unknown compliance URLs.

For now, I marked the issue as POSTPONED since we may first want to gather some initial implementation experience with URLs.

matthias