Re: ISSUE-5: definition of tracking

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:34:07 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Shane,

thanks for the fees and donations. Indefinite storage of weblogs as
a permitted use is one discussion. A tracking definition is another
one. We shouldn't import the one into the other is all I wanted to
say.

And on the access log issue, we should do that under permitted uses
and change the subject of this email thread. And I only said what we
are doing (and that the sys-folks were not amused when we started
that practice and like it now, 6 weeks is just a problem of
volume+resources+aggregation, if you want to donate machines .. :) )

Rigo