Re: Modifying a DNT Header (ISSUE-153, ACTION-285)

From: David Wainberg <david@networkadvertising.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 09:45:28 -0400
To: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
CC: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi Jonathan,

This does not do enough to ensure that a DNT signal reflects a users
deliberate and informed choice. First, it should be a MUST. Second, it
should apply to any software responsible for modifying or including the
DNT header. Back in August I proposed the following:

"A UA that allows or enables other software to alter the DNT setting MUST ensure that such alteration reflects the user's intent."

That accomplishes what we want, doesn't it?

-David