Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

Ed, to set the record clear, MRC standards were surfaced when some working group participants questioned if there are other requirements on the advertising industry to retain data.  MRC auditing and accreditation were mentioned as one such requirement.  Jeff Chester asked me to cite the MRC requirement— which I did.  Those who want to question the MRC on it's requirement or understand it further, should do so, via the proper channel (with the MRC directly).  Having detailed discussions about the MRC standards and their justification here however, without representatives from the MRC at the table, is in my opinion not appropriate.

Chris Mejia | Digital Supply Chain Solutions | Ad Technology Group | Interactive Advertising Bureau - IAB

From: Ed Felten <ed@felten.com<mailto:ed@felten.com>>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:13 AM
To: David Wainberg - NAI <david@networkadvertising.org<mailto:david@networkadvertising.org>>
Subject: Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

I can't speak for John, but I asked my question of Chris because I was under the impression that Chris (and possibly others) believe that the MRC documents are relevant to this group's discussion.   If that is not the case, and there is general agreement that the MRC documents are not relevant to this group's work, I would be only too happy to see this thread end.