Proposed definitions of Share and Collect

From: Amy Colando (LCA) <acolando@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 04:09:59 +0000
To: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Per an action assigned to me in Amsterdam, I'm submitting a couple of proposed verb definitions for discussion by the group.  I worked on these with a small group, including David W., Rigo, Chris Pedigo and Susan Israel.  I can't say that we are in total agreement, but we wanted to share our work product to date in order to keep the process moving forward.  Looking forward to feedback.

Collect: a party "collects" data if it receives the data and stores it for more than a transient period.

Share: A party "shares" data if it transfers or provides a copy of data that it has collected to any other party