Re: Issue-5: What is the definition of tracking?

From: John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 11:47:52 -0700
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
I would want to include collection and correlation of data by the first party in the definition of tracking.  I would then specifically enumerate which tracking activities would be permissible under the standard for the first party.

John M. Simpson
Consumer Advocate
Consumer Watchdog
2701 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 112