Re: transitivity of DNT exceptions

Nick,

In the EU we have (co)-controller(s), processor(s) and further
third-parties down the chain. Strictly speaking these third-parties down
the chain are Controllers themselves, even when they aren't using the
data for any additional purposes. However, as we have seen in a previous
thread, this doesn't help us in the exception discussion.

>  Do we see other definitions of "transitivity of exceptions" that would
be useful?
I am playing with the thought that transitivity is useful in terms of
chain responsibility and/or liability. The concept of chain liability is
useful when it comes to sub-processing to unknown third-parties. Being
responsible/liable for the whole chain could be a condition when using
the concept of transitivity.

Ergo: granting a site wide exception for third parties under the
condition that the chain responsibility/liability is with the first
party makes sense to me.

Rob