Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

Ian,

To answer a) and b), I believe that explicit/explicit UI should not be
an issue at this stage. I can imagine at least two UI that could be used
to manage these exceptions:

-A list based UI where all the first parties are listed, when a user
click on a first element he sees the exceptions granted on this site. He
can check/uncheck a box to grant or deny an exception.

-A collusion based UI where exceptions are represented by edges between
parties. Clicking on an edge grant/remove an exception.

I believe both interfaces could be used to add and manage exceptions.

Regarding c), maybe we could add another optional parameter to a
“requestSiteSpecificTrackingException” which would be a Boolean called
“requiredException”. If this value were true, then the user would have
to grant the exception to the third party to visit the website. In that
case, the checkbox corresponding to such third party would be disabled.
If a user does not want to grant that exception he can click on “cancel”
to be redirected to another page (i.e. a paywall). Thus a first party
can make sure that all the required third parties are granted an
exception before delivering content.Once exceptions have been granted,
this should not cause any additional delay.

Vincent