Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:04:31 +0200
To: ifette@google.com
Cc: Kevin Smith <kevsmith@adobe.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "<public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
On Wednesday 13 June 2012 15:50:23 Ian Fette wrote:
> You say "you can trigger an exception" but that's a HECK of a lot
> harder for a third party to do.

you said, "if I do not respond, I'm not on the hook".

This is something else then saying: "I will never ever accept any
token from UA string IE".

And to trigger an exception is actually a good test. I still believe
that we should arrive in the 21th century. That means we have to
start thinking about what it makes a HECK less hard for a third
party to trigger an exception.

If this is all about revenue and not about technology and users, you
could negotiate every cookie directly with the FTC or the

But I hope I can tease you to better technology. So how can we make
exceptions easier? You say it's hard. Why? Because of the origin