Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

On Wednesday 13 June 2012 15:50:23 Ian Fette wrote:
> You say "you can trigger an exception" but that's a HECK of a lot
> harder for a third party to do.

Ian,

you said, "if I do not respond, I'm not on the hook".

This is something else then saying: "I will never ever accept any
token from UA string IE".

And to trigger an exception is actually a good test. I still believe
that we should arrive in the 21th century. That means we have to
start thinking about what it makes a HECK less hard for a third
party to trigger an exception.

If this is all about revenue and not about technology and users, you
could negotiate every cookie directly with the FTC or the
Commission.

But I hope I can tease you to better technology. So how can we make
exceptions easier? You say it's hard. Why? Because of the origin
constraints?

Rigo