Re: Examples of successful opt-in implementations

From: イアンフェッティ <ifette@google.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:47:36 -0700
To: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Cc: "Dobbs, Brooks" <brooks.dobbs@kbmg.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org Group WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
We agreed it was directed at third parties, however it seems some people
(as we heard on the call today) are trying to turn DNT into something to
solve opt-in problems, presumably for first parties as well. I'm trying to
figure out how much of hole we're getting dug into :)

"No one has managed to figure this out in a deployable manner. Please give
us a solution by 1 January 2013" is a bit of a frightening thought :)

-Ian

image.png
(image/PNG attachment: image.png)