Re: Alternative Text for DNT: 0 (ACTION-209, ISSUE-148)

From: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:49:47 -0700
To: JC Cannon <jccannon@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
There is, to be sure, a level of generality problem.  I think we can reasonably expect more than just a "learn more" link and less than a full privacy policy.  Without getting prescriptive, we can ask for some modest degree of inline explanation.  I've attached a rough UI mockup that reflects my thinking.

Jonathan

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM, JC Cannon wrote:

> Jonathan,
>

> The text, “it MUST clearly explain those practices” seems a bit vague. How about “it MUST explain why it is making the request”? I don’t feel explaining all practices within a request is practical. A “Learn more” link would be more practical.
>

> Thanks,
>

> JC

dnt_exception_ui.png
(image/png attachment: dnt_exception_ui.png)