Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

From: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 21:03:42 -0400
To: ifette@google.com
CC: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>, Ninja Marnau <nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de>, Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

On 6/9/2012 8:48 PM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:
> I would like to discuss concrete requirements or proposals, and figure
> out what those proposals would cost in terms of
> effort/complexity/encumbrance, as opposed to debating in the abstract.

My apologies, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying we should not
be discussing solutions to such problems at all. I agree that we should
discuss solutions and, as with all else, weigh their net benefits vs
their costs.

Best,
Tamir