Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

From: Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:33:34 -0400
To: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
CC: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>, Ninja Marnau <nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Shane,

On 6/8/2012 3:00 PM, Shane Wiley wrote:
> What signifies consent in your view today in the absence of a DNT standard?
>
> - Shane

Our current guidelines for online tracking envision a working readily
accessible DNT opt-out mechanism. They were issued not too long ago, and
have yet to be 'applied'. I believe our regulator is aware of this
ongoing W3C process.

Best regards,
Tamir