RE: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 12:00:31 -0700
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, Tamir Israel <tisrael@cippic.ca>
CC: Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>, Ninja Marnau <nmarnau@datenschutzzentrum.de>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Tamir,

The user has many options at that point:
- Switch to a compliant UA and set DNT
- Use the existing opt-out approach
- Block cookies (in whole or selectively)
- Stop viewing the free content provided on that site

What signifies consent in your view today in the absence of a DNT standard?

- Shane