Re: Towards a Grand Compromise

I have an issue with the use of the term 'explicit consent' in the
context of 1.1. This is perhaps a terminology problem.

Specifically, under must DP frameworks (and I feel we are operating in a
data protection paradigm here), 'explicit consent' basically means a
positive act assenting to the collection, use or disclosure of personal
information.

I understood the objective of the spec is to 'express user preferences'
(this is not the same as consent, I get the impression we are conflating
the two).

Take your: "Example: The user agent's privacy preferences pane includes
controls for configuring the Tracking Preference signal." This is more
or less the archetypal description of _implicit_ consent, not explicit.

Best,
Tamir