Re: Updated Server Response Section of TPE

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 18:23:19 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> No, in all respects.  I know how the W3C site works.  There are only
> two policies---public and ACL---and they can be wrapped into one
> tracking policy if we define authentication as overriding DNT.

Ok, we have 2 options, but how do you tell to which of the 55000 URIs the
tracking status applies to? How do you deal with dynamic content? Don't tell
me that you just declare: ACL is this and non ACL is that and let the user
in the dark on what state he is "currently" in? (This site is a mine field,
there are places where you are secure and others where you aren't. But we
won't tell you which is which) In this case, we just need a simple
declaration for the entire web: Either you are tracked our you aren't. Done.
For the entire web. Nice! Could be hardwired in the browser. No need for a
well-known location anymore because you could always know in advance that
you're either tracked; or not. What does that buy us compared to the status
quo?

Rigo