Re: Updated Server Response Section of TPE

Roy,

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 18:23:19 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > This means you assume that a browser can send DNT;1 into the wild and
> > expect  that to work.
>
> No, it doesn't.  It means that the response has no impact whatsoever
> on whether DNT:1 works or not.

In this case, the question is: Which semantics prevail, the header or the
response? What is binding the server? The status or the header sent?

If the status prevails, no need anymore to send a header, right? If the
response has no impact on DNT;1, why send it anyway, we could just spare
that entire section as it is meaningless according to you.

I think the questions above cannot be answered from the current text of the
Specification.

Rigo