Re: Issue-107, Issue-120, Issue-124

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:13:59 -0800
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org>

On Feb 27, 2012, at 16:11 , John Simpson wrote:

> Hi Roy and David,
>
> I was just reading the latest version of the TPE standard dated today, Feb. 27.  As I now read and understand it you've got a response from a well-known URI as a *must* and an HTTP response header as a *may*.
>
> Am I reading this right?  I thought we were still trying to decide which is the better method. Have I missed something on the email list?

I think they are both in the spec. while we determine what outcome the group wants.  Which one(s) remain, under what mandate or option, is indeed for the group to decide.

I think the author of the response header indicated he might be OK with a 'may', which might be why it's written that way now.

David Singer