Re: [Issue-5] [Action-77] Defining Tunnel-Vision 'Do Not (Cross-Site) Track'

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 18:31:03 +0100
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Lauren Gelman <gelman@blurryedge.com>
Can we draw some collection limitation from that? If I send a request to
example.com, example.com knows that I'm interacting with them. But if I have
looked at some medical site and now (by inadvertence) surf to my insurance
website, they could detect that I looked at alzheimer information and will ask
me about it next time.

So we seem to have identified a clear threat with clear boundaries. If we
agree, we would have to add some text. Collecting referrer from within a
certain boundary would work. This is at least a very good first step that we
can note down IMHO

Rigo