Re: tracking-ISSUE-121: Should a user agent advertise its DNT ability by, e.g., sending DNT;NULL [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

From: Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 06:40:39 -0800
To: Tracking Protection Working Group WG <public-tracking@w3.org>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Apologies if I'm repeating questions from the f2f but I'm still uncertain about the use cases for this proposal.

What would a server/publisher do differently if it received DNT:null than if it didn't receive a DNT header at all? Why would a user wish to broadcast their user agent's ability when they hadn't yet expressed a preference?

óNick