Re: Sitecom adds Do Not Track to its routers

Given that the majority of requests coming with DNT:1 to servers today are
from a user agent many parties have said sets a signal that does not align
with what you would call "good faith", and given that we see more and more
developments along these lines (AV software setting DNT, routers with
incomplete DNT implementations that don't provide for exceptions and make
no attempt to ensure things like the header and DOM property are
consistent), your assertion that servers should "assume that a DNT:1 signal
has been set in good faith" is a bit odd IMO.

-Ian

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl