Re: Action-157: Update logged-in consent proposal

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:16:46 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Bjoern,

We've been through this already.  If you send a 0 then a company knows not to request an exception.  If you receive nothing but see this a DNT supported browser then you wouldn't know whether to request a pro-active exception or ignore the situation.  Sending 0/2 provides more clarity of state.

Sent from Shane's mobile