Re: ISSUE-130: Web-wide exceptions - iare there objections to permitting those?

Hi Shane,

from my perspective, this seems to be consensus. Let's validate it
during our face2face.

I agree with Nick that it is no clear consensus whether we want
Javascript/API support for it.

I personally believe that it is important to enable sites to
programmatically ask for such a web-wide exception. Otherwise, we will
end up with a unusable system that says "if you are using firefox,
please [...]. If you are using IE, please [...]. ...". The user agents
are still free to display ample warnings (if they wish to do so).

btw: I believe that we may also use our normative language to
differentiate these cases, i.e., whether we want a MUST/SHOULD/MAY for
Javascript support for each of these cases:

*User Granted Exceptions*  (Exception Type:  1st Party / 3rd Party
Domain Pair)
Site-Specific Exception:  Known 1st Party / Known 3rd Party
Site-Wide Exception:  Known 1st Party / *
Web-Wide Exception:  * / Known 3rd Party

Regards,
matthias