[proposal] Template for communicating our issues

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 18:37:58 -0400
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi everyone,

to avoid losing too much time in collecting use cases and to ground our discussions in pragmatic cases meant to solve current issues, I propose to write our issues according to:

# Summary
  What is the issue?
  (1 simple short sentence)

# Issue
  What problem are we trying to solve (one issue only)
  (1 or 2 paragraphs)

# Positive Effects
  Why should we care? What are we improving for people? implementers?
  (1 or 2 paragraphs)

# Risks
  Are there any risks associated with this feature, proposal?
  What might fail and why?

# Implementations
  Is it already implemented?
  Where? How? Who?

# Related
  List of references
  (specification, tutorial, articles, code)

ps: mostly stolen from the W3C HTML WG and the (now defunct) W3C QA WG

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/