Re: Issue-17, Issue-51 First party obligations

In addition, although sites might be commonly owned--as in Google/YouTube--the tracking and targeting approaches can be different.  Consequently, users should not be expected to safely assume that they understand all the ways they can be tracked and data collected even by a commonly owned entity.  So the focus should be, as I believe we all agree, on maximizing consumer privacy.

Jeffrey Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
1621 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 550
Washington, DC 20009