Re: Issue-17, Issue-51 First party obligations

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:04:49 -0500
Cc: David Wainberg <dwainberg@appnexus.com>, Sean Harvey <sharvey@google.com>, Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>, JC Cannon <jccannon@microsoft.com>, John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org>, "<public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Jonathan,

Le 29 nov. 2011 à 19:09, Jonathan Mayer a écrit :
> There have been several proposed third-party service designs that would mitigate varying degrees of privacy risk.  See http://donottrack.us/bib/#sec_technology and http://donottrack.us/cookbook/.  Client-side storage is a common starting point.

Were there solutions proposed for cases where the browser and/or device is used by multiple persons?

from the top of my head, these are common scenarios.

* family with one computer at home
* cybercafes (regular users and travelers)
* one mobile device/phone shared by a community (developing countries, tablets in western world)

Thanks.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/