Re: ISSUE 17: Data use by 1st Party

On 10/31/11 4:14 PM, Shane Wiley wrote:

> (Proposed Final Language)
>
> When a DNT signal is received by a 1^st Party there MUST NOT be
> further sharing of the user’s activity/information with other parties
> (online or offline) unless an exception is met.

I think this would be clearer: "When a DNT signal is received by a 1st
Party, it MUST NOT share the user's activity..."

> Optional Addition #2:  3^rd parties SHOULD ignore user
> activity/information passed to them from a 1^st party if they
> recognize a DNT signal from the user.

This may be redundant with the 3rd Party's honoring DNT. The problem
that remains, though, is how the 1st will communicate to the 3rd that
the data being passed is covered under an appropriate exemption.