Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

Hi Rigo,

I don't think your statement "So everybody has to behave like a 3rd party in DNT" is how it will play out.

I don't expect most global companies to modify its web servers, analytics practices, and onsite optimization services so that it will treat itself as a first party on www.company.com, www.company.ch, etc., but treat itself as a third party on www.company.uk.  It will not be easy for a company to programmatically treat itself as a 3rd party for its EU websites; especially when the site is www.company.com/uk.  For global companies that set global policies and need consistent systems/approaches/privacy policies across the globe, I expect them to treat the DNT signal the same regardless of market; and those global companies will do whatever they need to do outside of DNT for legal compliance.

I can't speak for other global companies, but I can speak for how Adobe is considering its global compliance obligations.

I still think a fair discussion at the Global Considerations workshop is how companies actually plan to implement this globally.

-Vinay