Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

On Tuesday 05 March 2013 13:07:10 Vinay Goel wrote:
> Is the expectation that browser manufacturers will provide one set of
> information to users when enabling Do Not Track in the US and a
> different set of information to users when enabling Do Not Track in
> the EU?

I don't think browsers will provide different UI as the exceptions are
triggered by the javascript API that is under the control of the
service. That was Adrian's suggestion and everybody agreed to it.  I
expect browsers to use a listing to users where they can manipulate
their current permissions. But I do not assume they will provide any
kind of UI

> Without that, how do you expect consumers to understand what
> setting Do Not Track means?

This will be done by the Specifications and by
http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/Main_Page

Most consumers are really informed about things and how they work. If
someone has a doubt, you can provide information in the privacy policy,
but you would not have to or could link to W3C or Web Platform
documentation.

 --Rigo