Re: Article 29 Data Protection Working Party comments in response to W3C's public consultation on the W3C Last Call Working Draft, 24 April 2014, Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)

Ms. Falque-Pierrotin, CC: Rob van Eijk,

Thank you for your comments (last June) on the TPE Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions. This email in particular describes proposed resolution regarding user interface guidelines, local law and expiration.

Editor Roy Fielding has provided summaries of the responses in each of the tracker issues for the Last Call product; I have provided links below. I would briefly summarize the resolutions as:
* no change regarding law and UI guidelines as outside the scope of this specification
* added expires parameter for user-granted exceptions

https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/244
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/245
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/258
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/266

Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns.

Thanks,
Nick Doty, W3C (for the Tracking Protection Working Group)

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-comments/2014Jun/0000.html