Re: last call working draft of tracking preference expression(DNT)

Hi Lindayan,

Thank you for your comments (last June) on the TPE Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions. This email in particular describes discussion and proposed resolution regarding intermediaries, user agents, and cookies.

Editor Roy Fielding has provided summaries of the responses in each of the tracker issues for the Last Call product; I have provided links below. I would briefly summarize the resolutions as:
* unable to further clarify text on intermediaries
* cookies and other user agent behavior outside scope of this document

https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/254
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/263
https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/264

Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns.

Thanks,
Nick Doty, W3C (for the Tracking Protection Working Group)

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-comments/2014Jun/0017.html