From: Nick Doty [mailto:npdoty@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 10:09 PM
To: Wender, Joseph (Markey)
Cc: public-tracking-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Attached Correspondence

Senators Markey and Franken; Representative Barton,

Thank you for your comments on the Tracking Compliance and Scope Last Call Working Draft. The Tracking Protection Working Group has discussed each of the issues and proposed resolutions.

As editor, I have provided summaries of the responses in each of the tracker issues for the Last Call product; I have provided links below. I would briefly summarize the resolutions as:

* while the issue of default settings was previously resolved in a separate specification, legislative bodies can more effectively set universal rules

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/277
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0023.html

This message in particular describes issue-277; there may be additional responses from the Working Group regarding issue-272 and first-/third-parties to a given user action.

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/272
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2015Nov/0018.html

Please let us know if these changes or explanations resolve your concerns.

Thanks,
Nick Doty, W3C (for the Tracking Protection Working Group)