Re: Can we change default radius to 0 in the touch events extensions

On 06/05/2014 03:01 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
> Thanks, I see. So the text we had for radiusX/radiusY is a little
> misleading

Agreed.

> Does Mozilla implement this on any platforms?  If so then I'm fine
> sticking with the slightly more confusing names, and I'd support just
> bringing the old rotationAngle text back into the extensions note.
>  Any objection to me doing this (and perhaps adding some text to
> clarify the semantics)?

As far as I can tell, Mozilla does not implement radiusX/Y and
rotationAngle on any platform.  (On platforms where we implement touch
events, I believe we expose these properties but always set them to
their default values.)  I have no objections to bringing back
rotationAngle and clarifying the note text.

> What about the "default value of 1" issue that started this thread.
>  Any input / history there?

I think the only rationale for 1 was to prevent apps from blowing up
badly if they assume the radius is always positive.  This was a
completely hypothetical scenario, so I wouldn't place too much weight on
it.  I wouldn't object to changing these defaults to 0.