Re: Errata for Touch Events: 5.4 List of TouchEvent types - touchmove's default action

On 04/12/2014 21:49, Rick Byers wrote:
> I assume you mean "touchend" not "touchmove".

Ah doh, yes.

>     "Varies: mousemove (If point has been moved), mousedown, mouseup, click"
>
>     As it seems that mousemove is consistently sent by all (?)
>     implementations, mainly for compat reasons (same as in the case of
>     Pointer Events), and not really because a point moved or not (and my
>     proposed non-normative list of events would also mention this), I'd
>     propose (assuming the event list thing is ok) to harmonise this with:
>

> Agree we shouldn't have the "if the point has been moved" statement.
>
>     "Varies: <code>mousemove</code> (for compatibility with legacy
>     <code>click</code>".
>

> I consider ALL the mouse* events to be there for "legacy mouse-specific
> code".  I don't think calling this out just for mousemove is valuable.

Alternatively, replace "(if point has been moved)" with "(even if point
has not been moved)" to convey what I'm getting at (i.e. one or more
mousemoves)

>     Alternatively, it may be even more straightforward to just point to
>     section 7 here and leave it at that?
>
>     "Varies: user agents may dispatch <a href="...">mouse and click
>     events</a>"
>

> I personally like this second option better.  As we decided with the PE
> spec, let's try to confine any details of compatibility mouse events to
> section 7.

That's actually my preference too. Let's go with this if there's no
objections.

Patrick H. Lauke