Re: Moving VTT to a new WD, reviewing disposition of old comments and new GH issues, Please Review

Hi all,

I'm supportive of David's efforts to take WebVTT through the W3C
standards process (https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/) which
means going from Working Draft (WD) to Candidate Recommendation (CR)
as next step.

For that, closing out the open wide review comments and completing the
test suite are invaluable. I'm therefore supportive of the 4
resolutions David lists and the progress on the test suite.

About the new issues, my summary reading of the GitHub issues is:
1) lots about live captioning requirements, which is a new feature to
be developed
2) a couple of normative bugs, particularly related to overlapped
rendering, which should not hold us up
3) a couple of editorial bugs, which are not urgent

One thing we should do as part of preparing another WD for review is
update all the references.

I agree, I think we're ready to kick off the process.

Cheers,
Silvia.