Re: [webvtt] Spec editing

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> On 24/09/2015 00:06, "singer@apple.com on behalf of David Singer"
> <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
>>I’m fine with
>>* moving to more modern pub tools (Echidna)
>>* using Github issues rather than Bugzilla (even though I find github
>>issues/bug/conversations much harder to follow)
>>* moving to github and away from e.g. CVS
>>
>>It does seem…odd…to be in the whatwg part of github and not the general
>>W3C part.  Not sure I follow this.
>
> +1. It's confusing and unhelpful.

I am no longer one of the editors, but I definitely support hosting
WebVTT at the WHATWG. Both because of saner infrastructure (the
dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/ setup involved PhantomJS and CVS on my
private VPS) and because the text track model which WebVTT extends is
part of HTML, maintained by the WHATWG.

Philip