Re: [webvtt] Spec editing

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 13:24:54 +0200, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>> As David said, the CG and the WHATWG is basically the same and has
>> always
>>
>> been for WebVTT. WHATWG is also a W3C CG. Having the repo in the whatwg
>> github organization just seemed like a more natural place if we host the
>> editors' draft at webvtt.spec.whatwg.org.
>
> It's not my view that the CG and the WHATWG are basically the same,
> though
> I agree that many of the active participants are in both groups. I do not
> think there's any particular need to host the editor's draft at
> whatwg.org
> - that should be a consequence of the decision on where to work on this
> spec rather than a causal factor.

The particular need given in the original message was that I didn't want
to maintain Philip's custom webhook that was used to publish the spec in
its current location. It's a weak argument, but it appeared that there
were no objections in the CG to change the spec's URL.

>> OK. Do I understand correctly that you do not want to stop using W3C
>> bugzilla, at least for the Rec-track document?
>
> No, I consider the bugzilla and github issue tracking as both relating to
> the CG work. The WG also maintains a Tracker product for issues against
> the Rec track version, which is what I was referring to.
>
> FWIW I'm also happy with github issue tracking as a medium-long term
> replacement for bugzilla.

Ah OK, thank you for clarifying.

--
Simon Pieters