Re: [webvtt] Spec editing

silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Why would there be a need to have two editors' drafts?
>>

>> There wouldn't.
>

> OK good. :-)

What I'm trying to say is: we've got the editor draft at dev.w3.org, so
also having it at webvtt.spec.whatwg.org might get confusing and will be
regarded as two editor drafts, even if we make them identical. If prefer
not having two URLs for the same spec. Is your proposal to redirect the w3c
URL to the WHATWG one?

>> I am not sure how to handle the flow between the WHATWG github repo,
>> the current github repo, the W3C CVS and the Echidna publishing
>> pipeline.
>

> I've went ahead and moved the repo to the whatwg organization, so there
will not be two github repos.

That's good, that solves the editor draft part and at least avoids
duplication of code. Now it's just duplication of URLs we need to consider.

Cheers,
Silvia.

>>> What is the barrier for the TTWG? When discussing barrier to entry,
what is
>>> most relevant in my opinion is the barrier for new contributors.
>>

>> It's either a matter of signing up to the W3C bug tracker of signing
>> up to Github.
>> Many of the TTWG members don't have the latter, which is what I was
>> referring to.
>> If we do both as you suggested below, that solves that problem anyway.
>

> OK. Then I suggest we ask the relevant TTWG members to create a GitHub
account to contribute new issues. As far as new contributors go, my
assumption is that most have a GitHub account but very few have a W3C
bugzilla account.