Re: [webvtt] Spec editing

On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:37:26 +0200, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why would there be a need to have two editors' drafts?
>
> There wouldn't.

OK good. :-)

> I am not sure how to handle the flow between the WHATWG github repo,
> the current github repo, the W3C CVS and the Echidna publishing
> pipeline.

I've went ahead and moved the repo to the whatwg organization, so there
will not be two github repos.

>> What is the barrier for the TTWG? When discussing barrier to entry,
>> what is
>> most relevant in my opinion is the barrier for new contributors.
>
> It's either a matter of signing up to the W3C bug tracker of signing
> up to Github.
> Many of the TTWG members don't have the latter, which is what I was
> referring to.
> If we do both as you suggested below, that solves that problem anyway.

OK. Then I suggest we ask the relevant TTWG members to create a GitHub
account to contribute new issues. As far as new contributors go, my
assumption is that most have a GitHub account but very few have a W3C
bugzilla account.

>> We don't necessarily need to move the issues. We can keep the old
>> issues in
>> bugzilla and file new ones on GitHub. This seems to work relatively
>> well for
>> the HTML spec. But if people would prefer to have the issues moved, I
>> can
>> take care of that.
>
> We might end up with some duplication by running both, but that's
> probably ok.

Yeah.

cheers
--