Re: What is the use case for two levels of background colors?

Thanks David!

If "visual stability" can be important to the end user, what should be
done in the case where regions aren't used by the caption author? In
708, is it possible to have captions outside of windows?

(Note that a VTTRegion background grows and shrinks with the cues
within it, but it sounds like you had something slightly different in
mind.)

Philip