Re: Absolute region positioning (was Re: Alternative approach to scrolling, with demos)

I also feel the need to reiterate: most of the stuff that is *legally*
required is covered by good use cases, and backed by requirements that
consumers *with disabilities* asked for, based on *their needs*. While
there are some things that cause issues, and that may be less well thought
out, the majority of what the FCC rules state are things that we need to do
because they impact usability and access, not because of legal language.
Consumers really would resent reading that "some features are required
legally" and for this reason they should be made integrated with WebVTT.

Best wishes
Christian

--
Christian Vogler, PhD