Re: Scrolling as overlap avoidance (Re: Alternative approach to scrolling, with demos)

Thanks for digging that up, Loretta!

In this example, there are single cues which are positioned, not
groups of cues, so I don't think regions should be required to achieve
the same result.

With pre-regions WebVTT this could be reproduced by using the align
setting and a suitably positioned cue box, it seems.

Note that lineAlign:bottom only controls the alignment of the first
line, so if a cue wraps then lineAlign can't be used to provide an
anchor point for the cue as a whole, in particular you couldn't use it
to avoid overlapping text just below the cue.

I'm guessing that for speaking identification you'll place the cue
either above or below the speaker. Would a way to control the
direction in which the cue grows when the font size increases or lines
wraps be sufficient?

Philip