Re: Scrolling as overlap avoidance (Re: Alternative approach to scrolling, with demos)

The captions-follow-speaker use case is more complex than just simple
left-right alignment. One example that occurs fairly frequently is having a
group of multiple speakers all on-screen and they all respond to one
particular question or statement with one or two words. Digging up actual
video is harder, because one of the examples I remember most clearly I
rented, but do not own.

For this kind of use case, when we take possible font scaling into account,
a horizontal center anchor , and a top vertical anchor almost always makes
the most sense - i.e. when you scale the entire caption, you want it still
to be centered below the speaker, and you want it to extend below the top
margin, so that it does not obscure anything in the speaker itself.

If I've been following you correctly, for the pop-on use case that is
already handled for the cue box, and can be done irrespective of what
happens with regions. Your question is only about regions themselves?

Christian

Sent from my mobile phone.  Please excuse any touchscreen-induced weirdness.