Re: A new proposal for how to deal with text track cues

On Jun 14, 2013, at 1:57 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

>> OK, so I guess this is the crux of the matter: unifying the representation
>> of chapter cues. What formats other than WebVTT are able to represent
>> chapters?
>
> Plenty others, including DVD chapters, chapters in QuickTime files, in
> MP2, or in MP4 files. But they all parse down to a start time (an
> optional end time) and a plain text string.

  Many video players can display images as well as text in the chapter menu. In QuickTime and MPEG-4 files these come from a video track of chapter images that is associated with (referenced from) the chapter track. We should consider this when we get around to specifying chapters in more detail.

eric