Re: Displaying multiple lines in WebVTT

Hi Frank,

If I read the spec correctly, newline characters are just parsed as
normal characters and rendered according to their meaning.

So, I think your interpretation is correct and multiple lines of input
cue text will be rendered as multiple lines of text.

I do believe, however, that you've spotted something missing in the
HTML DOM construction rules:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/#webvtt-cue-text-dom-construction-rules

Since newlines are not actually meaningful in HTML, we need an
additional rule that identifies the newline characters and maps them
to a <br/>.

I think we should register a bug (unless there is a flaw in our reasoning?).

Cheers,
Silvia.