Displaying multiple lines in WebVTT

From: Frank Olivier <Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 23:01:36 +0000
To: "public-texttracks@w3.org" <public-texttracks@w3.org>
What is the thinking around displaying multiple lines of text in WebVTT files?

As an author, I would expect that the following cue fragment...

00:00:00.142 --> 00:00:08.501
Line 1
Line 2

...would result in two separate lines of text being rendered on the screen. Likewise, IMO the DocumentFragment returned by getCueAsHTML() on that cue would give me some indication that multiple lines are being rendered, no?

Thoughts?

Thanks
Frank