Known profiles of TTML

From: Olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:52:45 +0000
To: public-texttracks@w3.org
CC: public-timed-text@w3.org
Dear all,

During the informal get-together of a few members of the text tracks
community group during the W3C TPAC last week, a number of us were
discussing the existence of a number of TTML profiles.

Two I know of are:
* The profile specified by the YouView consortium
http://www.youview.com/industry/wp-content/themes/youview/_site_media/resources/YouView_Core_Technical_Specification_1.0.pdf
(see section 4.4.1, page 119)

* EBU has a group working on Subtitles in XML: “This Group is
investigating an XML -based format for use in subtitling production and
exchange, based on W3C's TTML/DFXP specification.” --
http://tech.ebu.ch/groups/pdfxp

Could everyone help fill the gaps by pointing to the other profiles or
profiling efforts you know of?

Also, as mentioned during our get-together, I went through the exercise
of mapping which of the TTML features the BBC currently uses in its
iPlayer subtitles. See attachment. HTH.

Thanks,
Olivier
--