Re: Known profiles of TTML

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:52:45 +0100, Olivier Thereaux
<olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> During the informal get-together of a few members of the text tracks
> community group during the W3C TPAC last week, a number of us were
> discussing the existence of a number of TTML profiles.
>
> Two I know of are:
> * The profile specified by the YouView consortium
> http://www.youview.com/industry/wp-content/themes/youview/_site_media/resources/YouView_Core_Technical_Specification_1.0.pdf
> (see section 4.4.1, page 119)
>
> * EBU has a group working on Subtitles in XML: “This Group is
> investigating an XML -based format for use in subtitling production and
> exchange, based on W3C's TTML/DFXP specification.” --
> http://tech.ebu.ch/groups/pdfxp

Could it make sense to contact the EBU WG and make them aware of this CG?
In Europe there is a lot of talking about subtitles and a lot of confusion
AFAIK about TTML vs WebVTT so they may be interested in following this
activity.

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale