Re: Testing for WebRTC

On 23/10/2013 14:09 , Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:
> Le mercredi 23 octobre 2013 à 14:04 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
>> That said, to what degree do you actually *need* this to run with
>> multiple browsers? Would it not be better to run with a browser on one
>> side and something else pretending to be a browser that's actually testing?
>
> While this might be practical for some of the testing contexts (e.g
> continuous integration), I think the WebRTC Working Group should include
> in its CR exit criteria actual interop across actual browsers, which we
> should prove with testing across different browsers.

Right, that makes sense. I just think that we should be careful to
distinguish the two. The WPT repo would normally only get content that
can be used if you're testing on your own, IMHO. This doesn't at all
mean that it can empower actual interop testing events, e.g. by having
the tests somehow configurable to also work in a multi-browser situation.

I say this because it has implications on implementation for WPT; it
doesn't mean that we can't solve both.