Re: Review of tests upstreamed by implementors

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Rebecca Hauck wrote:
> This hits on another issue
> that has also been a bit of a bottleneck which is the requirement* that a
> review is done by someone outside of your company/organization.

This isn't actually documented formally anywhere, but I've also heard it mentioned numerous times.

I proposed that we drop this requirement and explicitly state so in the new review process, i.e. something along the lines of:

"Contributions must be reviewed by a peer. The reviewer can be a colleague of the contributor as long as the proceedings are public."

--tobie